WaterSTAR, formally RBDMS Environmental, is a set of tools for managing laboratory analytical and field data for all environmental matrices
For the Agency:
- Electronically receives laboratory – eliminates data entry.
- Receiving and vetting electronic data deliverables (EDDs) from industry.
- Analyzing data through various statistical and charting output formats and integrated GIS.
- Alerting scientists when laboratories report sample results that exceed acceptable limits for specific parameters are submitted.Displaying monitoring data from multiple sources and agencies
- Used by Oil/Gas and water agencies
- Displaying data gathered agency monitoring programs
- Displays data and locations in a GIS format
For the Industry:
- A website for uploading, saving as draft, validating, and submitting EDDs from laboratories to the agency for review under secured login.
For the Public:
- A single location to view data vetted by and at the discretion of the agency.
WaterSTAR PowerPoint Presentation:
The New Mexico Produced Water Reuse data portal was developed through an agreement between the New Mexico Produced Water Research Consortium and the Ground Water Protection Council (GWPC) in support of the New Mexico Water Data Initiative. The WaterSTAR product of the GWPC was used as the basis of the…
Ann Compton Arnold, Geological Survey of Alabama
The Geological Survey of Alabama Groundwater Assessment Program (GSA-GAP) has been using the Risk-Based Data Management System-ENV (RBDMS-ENV), developed by the Ground Water Protection Council (GWPC) since 2014. To date, the GSA-GAP has effectively…
State agency field inspectors across the nation have been visiting oil and gas sites for decades to ensure that environmental rules and regulations are being followed. One field inspector may be responsible for inspecting 1,000 wells and 60 facilities each year. Whenever inspectors…